No business can be successful without incorporating ecommerce within their business operations, which is why NetSuite ecommerce templates come in handy. These templates act as a basic structure, which will provide the basic framework upon which your ecommerce website will be built using NetSuite tools. The process of selecting the right templates will determine largely, the kind of ecommerce website that you end up with, so you need to practice a lot of caution.
Creating NetSuite Ecommerce Templates
With so many NetSuite Ecommerce templates available, it would be too confusing for you to embark on the creation process just like that. You need to have a few guidelines, which will help simplify the creation process.
Decide on the Basics
You need to decide on what kind of ecommerce portal you want. What kind of business do you have? What do you want to insert on your portal? Where is your target market located? All these details will help you come up with a basic list of what you want your ecommerce templates to look like.
Who will do the creation?
You also need to decide on whether you want to create the customized templates yourself or with the help of a third party. If you hate the work that goes into creating templates for your NetSuite ecommerce site then you had better outsource that work.
These companies specialize in providing multiple frameworks, which you can customize to suit your NetSuite ecommerce needs. The first order of business is therefore to access the templates from these third parties. Alternatively, you can use the templates that already come with NetSuite Ecommerce sites to create the right web design for your business.
If you have selected to outsource the creation of templates to a company affiliated with NetSuite Ecommerce then you need to define your ideas beforehand. That way, the company will be in a better position to determine the kind of templates, which suit your business best.
Determine the Budget
You will save quite a bit of money creating templates for NetSuite ecommerce on your own. The downside though is that you will be the major contributor of labor, which may compromise your core business activities. Alternatively, you could stick with the outsourcing idea. Either way, there is money that has to be set aside to cover any eventualities.
You need to set a budget that will cater for the expenses associated with creation of NetSuite ecommerce templates. You are much better off erring on the side of caution and budgeting in excess. If the money is left over, you can use it to get your ecommerce NetSuite site up and running.
You need to look through the themes that come with the NetSuite ecommerce site. These themes are custom appearance ones. You can use the templates to change how your site appears. You can customize the lists and the items on your site. You can also customize tabs and buttons if you want and save the customized themes as new templates from which you can work on.
You can create new templates by creating new designs and layouts. Some of the things that you can create a new include headers, side and tab bars, content wrappers, and footers among others. These can be saved as new templates for you to customize further, when you need to make changes. You can also create designs using colors of your choice.
You can also create templates, which have customized texts and emails. Doing so allows you to enhance the visibility of your brand by ensuring that your ecommerce site users are always able to identify your products based on email and text that you send them. The text and emails can be customized using multiple languages that are provided for by NetSuite Ecommerce solutions.
Templates You Can Create
The NetSuite ecommerce templates that you can create are very many. It all depends on your preferences and creativity.
Check out these examples:
- You can create templates that allow for integration of the live chat feature. This will allow you to be able to offer real time help whenever your ecommerce site user visits your site. You will therefore be able to anticipate their need for help before they can even think of it.
- You can create templates that can be used to send branded emails and newsletters on a regular basis. This means that you never have to keep on building the structure of the newsletters and emails from scratch every time you want to send your subscribers something.
- You can create templates that allow your site users to be able to place items on their wish lists to make the ordering process easier for all parties concerned.
- Creation of templates for NetSuite ecommerce also extends to product comparison functionality. What this means is that you can always avail the basic framework for your site users to compare the price tags of any two items available on your ecommerce portal. These products can belong to any categories that you have set for items you sell on your site.
- You could decide to create templates that offer customized forms online for your target audience. These would change every time another user accesses them on your ecommerce site.
- If you have extensive global market, then you need to consider creating NetSuite Ecommerce templates, which have Google Maps that will dynamically be customized based on locations. These maps should indicate your local stores within different geographical locations. Doing so will help your target market access the products you sell in their locale.
Creating templates is an extensive process. However once you have done so, you can use those frameworks for all major business operations done via your ecommerce portal until you are tired of them. They help simplify the process of creating content for your ecommerce site.
You should therefore be ready to create the templates the right way the first time round. A professional template designer would come in handy if you do not know how to go about the whole process. Alternatively, you should have coding skills in at least HTML. Once you have done your preparation the right way though, the process of creating NetSuite ecommerce templates will be much smoother.